Thank you for volunteering to work with our children at Corpus Christi Church. One of the requirements for each volunteer at Corpus Christi Church who has substantial contact with children, is to become VIRTUS compliant.
In order to assist you to become VIRTUS compliant I have prepared this letter with instructions as to where to obtain and complete each required document. I have complete packets in the parish office if you would like to pick one up.
Log on to the Arlington Diocese website,www.arlingtondiocese.org. At the top, under the education link, click on child protection, then click publications and forms and finally, click English.
Each volunteer with substantial contact with children will need to print and complete the following forms:
- Diocesan Background Check Authorization
- Central Registry Background Check Request (VA Dept. of Social Services/CPS) This form must be printed on both sides, and notarized. I am a Notary Public so if you would like, I can notarize the form for you.
- Acknowledgement of the Policy This is the last page of the Diocesan Policy on the Protection of Children /Young People. Please read the policy, and print and sign the acknowledgement form.)
- Registration / Attendance to a VIRTUS Seminar (Register with the Arlington Diocese) Log on to http://www.virtus.org, click on registration to begin the registration process.
- Print and sign the last page of the Diocesan Code of Conduct.
Once all forms are complete, and the VIRTUS seminar is scheduled, please return all papers to me in the Corpus Christi Parish Office. You will need to let me know the date of the VIRTUS seminar you are scheduled to attend. I will send the papers directly to the diocese for you. All forms must be submitted, and your VIRTUS seminar scheduled prior to the date you begin volunteering.
If you have any questions, please let me know how I can assist you.
Corpus Christi Church